Help! We Need Somebody…
Not just anybody.
But before I get into that… our next Livestream is this Saturday at 2 pm PST. That will be on https://www.twitch.tv/transolargames as usual. The theme is “Winter Daze at Hero-U,” which might have something to do with the fact that we’re finalizing Summer Daze at Hero-U: Tilly’s Tale in the middle of Winter. Given the warm weather we’ve been having in San Diego, that actually makes a kind of sense. 🙂
Here’s a Bird of Paradise – no, I’m afraid you can’t tap it for one mana of any color – from an upcoming patron-only post (https://www.patreon.com/coreyloricole) of Lori’s best photos from 2020. Springtime is coming!
Hiring a Developer
We’ve been working with one part-time programmer and “full stack developer” for most of the Summer Daze project. It’s been a hard day’s night (for the last seven years), and they have moved on, so we are looking for a replacement. Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the Hero-U code base –
- Rogue to Redemption patches and support for our Nintendo Switch developer
- Fixing issues with Summer Daze at Hero-U, adding audio
- Preparing for testing and later release
- Helping us create future projects such as Puzzleworthy and new Hero-U games
- Contributing to features and design of upcoming games
- Maintaining our website, including integrating with a shopping cart for direct ordering
- Helping us run Alpha and Beta tests, triaging and merging reports, fixing issues
You’ll need some or all of these knowledge sets and experience:
- Working with Unity, Mecanim, and the Unity editor – essential!
- Knowledge of C#, JSON, and Inkle (can learn the latter on the job)
- Understanding tropes of adventure games and RPG’s
- Ability to work well with other team members – design, art, audio
This is a paid position, but we can’t compete with large corporate salaries. It could last anywhere from six months to multiple years.
Time requirement will likely be 20-40 hours a week (not quite Eight Days A Week). We have some flexibility on this.
If you’re interested, please contact me at support (at) hero-u (dot) net. (Trying to avoid some bot attacks.) If you know someone else who is qualified and interested, please have them contact us directly.